World Box Entertainment Newsi All Latest News Of World Box Entertainments Cellebrity Gossips Movie News Music News Television Wall Papers Live Radio MTV Interview Tattoo's , Top ten highest paid hollywood female actresses And Much More......

Thursday 8 September 2011

Why Are the Arts Important?


Besides the entertainment value for kids, art serves a far more profound function than just passing the time in a fun way. It contributes a beauty to society, is an outlet for self-expression, and challenges a new perspective to be formed. Art isn't confined simply to painting; it is how value is created in the world. From the simplicity and elegance of a computer product to the appreciation of the sleek design of a car. It all starts with the appreciation of beauty and design. It is both idealistic and practical, serving both form and function. Innovation is increasing more important in the new models of business driving the changing economy. Thinking along traditional methods only won't cut it in this world of dynamic change and innovation. What better way to nurture the creative thought process than engaging in an arts program as a foundation?
Creating an After School Program
Throughout my young adult years, I was an ambitious person. As a student, I thought overloading on coursework to get through college and grad school was a good idea at the time to get a head start in the world of work. This was a misguided approach.
The realities of a professional student trying to make an impression on practiced business people gave me a crushing realization that I was lacking in something. But how could this be, I thought, when I just worked so hard in advanced studies and spent so much time proving my abilities to high-minded professors?
After a sudden death in the family, I was yanked from the book world and thrown into the unforgiving world of making money. The pressure was on to rise to the occasion and save this business or face consequences I didn't let myself even contemplate. Afterall, the family was depending on me.
After several years running a business I had no clue about, working other demanding corporate jobs, and starting another small business, this arduous path had overtaken my life.
Through it all, in the few spaces of time between the striving, I realized I'd go back to the things I enjoyed doing as a kid for reprieve. I had a fortunate enough childhood where I was engaged in many after school activities; between 4 to 6 each week in fact. From horseback riding lessons, my favorite, to art, dance, swimming, theater, singing, piano, language classes, and sports I was a busy kid.
To find what I enjoy and ask the essential questions as an adult, what should I be doing now with my life, I have inevitably gone back to the things I loved as a kid. I realized how important having the foundations instilled at a young age in me has been; that I can have all these experiences to draw from and use to lead me to other places as an adult. This is where I am now, realizing I want to offer this to other kids as a foundation to carry with them into adulthood. What a wonderful thing its been for me and how important I believe it is to share this with others.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Laundry Detergent Coupons