World Box Entertainment Newsi All Latest News Of World Box Entertainments Cellebrity Gossips Movie News Music News Television Wall Papers Live Radio MTV Interview Tattoo's , Top ten highest paid hollywood female actresses And Much More......

Thursday 8 September 2011

How to Promote Your Music on the Internet


Expert Author Amber C GinterWhen I first got into the music industry, I had no idea how to promote my music. I went to a lot of shows and watched a lot of bands. I pretty much made it a routine weekend deal. I had some buddies I grew up with who were also into the music scene and we played instruments every day, usually after school.
One of my biggest dreams was to be able to support myself from the music I created and just as well travel the world, performing for people every night. I'm pretty sure my friends had the same dream, but it didn't seem as if it were true.
Anyways, there is a lot of dedication that drives a successful band and a whole lot more promotion to make it anywhere if your just starting up. I put down music myself(now working with computers), but I still enjoy every bit of it. I'm going to list some ways that YOU can promote your music on the internet.
1. Websites like Myspace.com and Reverbnation.com are good to set up because they allow you to compile a list of digital music tracks, along with a band picture, short bio, and sale merchandise if that is what your doing at the time. You can also gain more fans due to the nature of social networking sites. Social networking is so popular these days and can help your band gain a ton of exposure. Who knows, you may even come across a record executive who enjoys your music and wants to work with you.
2. Creating a website is vital to your band. Therefor, pay a designer or have a band mate who knows some HTML/CSS to design the guys a webpage for show listings, music, current news, and a way to contact the band for possible gigs. There are many free alternatives as well that you can find doing a simple Google search.
3. Create a mailing list so that your fans can stay informed on the current status of the band and know whats going on. A email list is one of the most powerful marketing tools today.
4. How could I have forgot to mention Facebook? With Facebook having 500,000,000 active users, there is no way to go wrong with having a Facebook account for your band. Get out there and start building a fan page.
5. Promote your music on the streets. D.I.Y. has always been a great promotion tactic and word of mouth, handing out free demos, and flyers are some of the best ways to get the ball running. Make sure to use a marker of some sort to write your social network and website address on your CD's for online promotion.
What I'm trying to say is, there are unlimited ways to promote your music online and ways to do it outside of the internet world. The internet is a strong way to promote these days and can help you so much. You will find new ideas to try out as times passes, so don't hesitate to try out something new.
Amber Ginter enjoys writing on various topics. Music has been a huge part of her life and will always be there for inspiration.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Laundry Detergent Coupons